The high school was going to resurface the track, so the coach told the runners they could take a piece home with them if they wanted. Most of the kids tore off a piece of the track the size of your hand. My son? Let’s try a whole number! (I admit it’s waayyyy better than just a small piece.)This forty pound piece of rubber laid in my driveway, for like the last nine months. I knew I wanted to get it up, but was a little intimidated by its size. So one hot, and I mean 100 degrees hot day, I had a bee in my bonnet to get. it. done!
After nine months weeds started growing.
The underside wasn’t looking so great either, so I washed both sides down with the hose.
I decided to use the boards from a pallet. I’ve never taken one apart before, so this turned into a project of
errors lessons. Prying the boards up did not work.
So let’s start sawing! This was not working. (Duh! Wrong type of saw Mar!)
Much easier! There were still the middle nails I had to deal with.
So I went back to the proper saw and sliced right through those babies.
Found the studs and screwed the boards in, hoping to provide enough surface area to attach the number to. As you can see, after attaching the boards I applied Liquid Nails.
Next, called in the big guns to lift the piece onto the wall, while Superman placed about 30 screws throughout.
Superman was never very confident that this crazy idea of mine would work, so my confidence was a little shaky. I, originally, wanted to put it in our fun basement, but then I thought that if I were to totally mess the project up, it would be better to mess up the garage.
I don’t know….but I’m thinking I need to trust myself more often. This is pretty cool!
Thanks for dropping by!