The annual Christmas office party is tonight. Some years we have the party at a local greasy burger-bar joint. (We like to keep it classy.) Actually, it’s a great place to have a party. They shut the place down for us, grill delicious steaks and turn the music up. We can get as loud and silly as we want, especially when we do the Chinese Exchange. (I know I’m being completely politically incorrect by calling it that, but I don’t know it by any other name. Do you? Please let me know!) This year we’re having it at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. Superman may have to curb his enthusiasm this year. (Yea right.)
Everyone brings one $20/less wrapped gift. Everyone has a number. Then as you know, each person takes a turn opening a gift from the middle or taking someone’s gift they’ve already opened. Hopefully, as the game goes on, more and more “stealing” takes place. Superman really gets in his groove taking people’s favorites and shaking things up. It can get rowdy.
The gift you bring can be something pretty awesome, like a basket of homemade goodies, a warm wrap, bottle of wine or a pretty Christmas decoration. OR it can be silly, like the box of chocolates that the giver had already poked her finger in each of the candies to see what was inside and then wrapped it all back up…cellophane and all! Or the carol singing catfish which could hang on your wall. OR a box like this!Superman’s office is filled with seven lovely ladies and two men. You can only imagine what it’s like to work with Superman. So I thought it would be fun to put together a survival kit to working at WHA. (I pronounce it Wa-Ha.)
1. Wine Glass/Wine. I used my Cricut machine to cut the lettering, but any small stickers would work. You could even use a marker to write it. Cost: Wine glass-free (cheap one from home) Wine- $4.99
2. Frame. Place a Hershey bar in frame, print out wording and decorate the edges with tape. Cost: Frame-$1 Candy-$1(both from Dollar Tree)
3. Chill Pills. I used an empty dry lemonade container, decorated with papers and ribbon, then filled with jelly beans. Label says “Chill Pills. Directions: Take a chill pill immediately after any unfortunate encounter with an angry, annoying, frustrating or unpleasant individual. In case of emergency and/or following a long meeting with any combination of the above described types, break glass and consume entire contents.”
This warning was put on the back of the bottle. Hee hee. Cost: Jellybeans- $1.59
4. Poo-Pourri. This is probably the best invention ever! Spritz this spray into the toilet before you poo! The oils provide a film over the water and cover the contents of the bowl until you flush. There are products out there that you can buy in the store. Their commercials are pretty funny. I saw this homemade recipe that I thought I’d give a try.
Recipe: 2Tbl of rubbing alcohol
6 or so drops of a essential oils
(Just between you and me, I don’t have essential oils around my home, so I used the oily liquid from my air freshener. You know the kind you put the sticks in. We’ll see how it goes.) The directions on bottle: “Shake bottle. Spritz bowl a few times before pooing. Flush!” Cost: Bottle-$1 Spray-free
5.Stress Relief. A bag of bubble wrap.
6. Silly Chinese YoYo. cost: $1
7. Organic Bubble Bath. Mixed beans. Cost: free
8. Money Tree Seeds. Green M&Ms (M for money!)
So there you have it! My Gag gift for the office Christmas party. Silly? Yes!
And our “good” gift is a warm snugly blanket. The girls complain about the frigid temperatures Superman likes to keep the office, so I thought I’d help them out.
Thanks for dropping by!